- Would you give a stranger your driver’s license number?
- Would you let a stranger photograph your driver’s license?
- Would you give a stranger your home address?
- Would you give a stranger your home phone number?
- Did you know that some accidents are staged just to steal your personal information?
National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has developed a mobile application – “Wreck-Check” to help you take the guesswork out of what information to share. It’s free and available for both iPhone & Android smartphones.
WreckCheck App for Smartphones
In the course of your lifetime, an auto accident is bound to happen. When it does, take some of the guesswork out of a tense situation with the NAIC's WreckCheck™. This free mobile app for iPhone® and Android® smartphones outlines what to do immediately following an accident and walks users through a step-by-step process to create their own accident report.
Don't have a smartphone? Download a printable accident checklist and other tips for staying calm, safe and smart on the road.