Everyone has insurance issues, even when you’re young and just starting out. Your parents and others mean well in giving you advice, but unless they’re in your same life stage, it’s hard for them to understand.
Understanding insurance doesn’t have to be rocket science. With a little help, it can be easy to make smart choices. In fact, we have lots of ways to increase your insurance IQ. Start by taking our 10-question online quiz at https://insureuonline.org/quiz_under30.htm. Then consider the following fast facts. Some may blow your mind.
- Before you buy that sweet new ride, check out the insurance costs for the make and model.
- Brainiacs rejoice – good grades may lower your auto insurance premiums.
- Drive a beater? The cost of collision or comprehensive coverage may be more than your car is worth. If it's paid for, you may only need liability.
- Though your furniture may come from your parents’ basement, renter’s insurance often costs less than replacing a big-screen TV, computer or high-end gaming console.
- Frequent party host? If your friends royally screw up, even after leaving your place, the cost of property damage and injuries could be on you.
- Spending a little money on a smoke detector or door and window alarms could save you a lot of money on renter’s insurance.