Understanding insurance doesn’t have to be rocket science. With a little help, it can be easy to make smart choices. In fact, we have lots of ways to increase your insurance IQ. Start by taking our 10-question online quiz at https://insureuonline.org/quiz_under30.htm. Then consider the following fast facts. Some may blow your mind.
- Before you buy that sweet new ride, check out the insurance costs for the make and model.
- Brainiacs rejoice – good grades may lower your auto insurance premiums.
- Drive a beater? The cost of collision or comprehensive coverage may be more than your car is worth. If it's paid for, you may only need liability.
- Though your furniture may come from your parents’ basement, renter’s insurance often costs less than replacing a big-screen TV, computer or high-end gaming console.
- Frequent party host? If your friends royally screw up, even after leaving your place, the cost of property damage and injuries could be on you.
- Spending a little money on a smoke detector or door and window alarms could save you a lot of money on renter’s insurance.